The Documentation will be put on the web in stages.
In many countries journalists and human rights workers are
under threat from the authorities who wish to know what the journalists
have written. The contents of what has been written can cause the
journalists or human rights workers to be killed. In these countries
it would be prudent for the journalists to keep their work
encrypted. The encrypted work requires knowledge of the passwords
which could be beaten out of the journalists or human rights
workers. A good journalist will keep a record of different sources
in order to verify the accuracy of the story. The sources could be
compromised by passwords to encrypted files being extracted from the
journalist/human rights worker under torture. If the journalist
human rights worker cannot know what the password is then no amount of
torture can extract the password.
The program has the ability to load and edit keyboards to
help ensure that passwords cannot be known. A loaded keyboard
can be destroyed. No keyboard no password. A keyboard can be
loaded here to be used later when accessing a password file or can be
loaded at the time of entering a password to a password data file.
The keyboard has another important use. The strength
of an encrypted work depends on three things
- The strength of the encryption algorithm and its
resistance to weaknesses.
- met by choosing encryption algorithms that have been
well researched and passed by the cryptography community as a strong
- The length of the encryption password
- The longer the password the more difficult for the
encryption to be cracked by a brute force attack
- A Byte has 256 different possibilities. Many
passwords can only use a fraction of these 256 different
- The larger the fraction of 256 different
possibilities each byte of a password can use the stronger the
password can be.
- The randomness of an encryption password
- The more random the password the more difficult it
is to guess
- The probability of an encryption password being in
- A password cracker used by a large organisation can
have a very large database of phases and words that have been
- A password cracker database can check through its
database extremely quickly and the probability of a long password
being found is no different to that of a shorter password.
The use of a password that is not in a password cracker's
database requires a random password. Long random passwords are
extremely difficult to remember unless they are practised being used
frequently. The use of a Screen keyboard enables the typing of
awkward characters and enables the typing of long random passwords.
By having different keyboards which can be created and saved the creation
of difficult to remember random passwords is made easier. At the
same time remembering of a typed keyboard password can be made very
difficult if not impossible to remember.
Another important point is that people find it difficult to
navigate computer programs from user descriptions. Many people can
recognise a computer program they have used. Many of these same
people have great difficulty describing the program to someone else.
This is useful in that it adds difficulty and thus makes it difficult for
a human rights person to describe program usage description under duress.
|Two Password Manager
||Many websites have a requirement for a login password. Each
website needs a different password. With so many websites it
becomes impossible to remember all the passwords. Thus there
becomes a need for a password manager. A password manager
need long random passwords for security.
A 50 character password is strong. A 116 character password is
even stronger. A 50 character password is difficult to
remember. A 116 character password is even more difficult if not
impossible to remember. Because of this I have restricted the
password to a password data file to 50 characters with provision to
use a 116 character password inside the password data file to access
another password data file.
- The password must be random enough not to be in a password
- The password must not be stored any where to prevent someone
- The password needs to be protected from a keyboard logger.
- The password needs to be created in such a way as to be random
but capable of being remembered.
- The password manager needs to be able to hold not so sensitive
passwords and thus
- be in plain site
- easily accessible
- not easily forgotten under duress
- The password manager needs to be able to hold sensitive
passwords and thus
- not be in plain site
- easily so easily accessible
- easily forgotten under duress.
Two Password Management Data file
- Password to bank account that transfer funds
- Password to offshore bank accounts
- Password to written contracts for vast sums of money
- Password to solicitor client communications
- Password to second Password Manager Data File
has been a growth in SSD Hard Drives or Hard Drives with SSD Cache.
With a hard drive it is relatively easy to over write Data and know
that you have over written it. With a SSD Drive or a hard drive with
SSD Cache there is no guarantee that unsecure data is over written.
Operating systems with disk drive journalling systems can create sensitive
data leaks. For sensitive data passwords it becomes necessary and
imperative to create a small ramDisk with a FAT file system to temporary
hold data before copying it elsewhere.
program can act as a password manager for 60 passwords. Each
password has a 210 byte data structure. 60 times 210 + 800x1024x1024
(size of program) is less than 1MB. It is thus advisable to have a
ramdisk of not less than 1MB. Add space to test facilities the
program provides it probable advisable to have a ramdisk of 20MB.
Both Linux and Windows have the means to provide ramdisks.
- In /etc/fstab write entry tmpfs /home/username/ram tmpfs
defaults,noatime,mode=1777,size=20MB 0 0
- creates ramdisk in directory /home/username/ram
- Use Wine to run program "e_crypt7" program
- Google for ramdisk software. Free Basic ramdisk software to
create 20MB of ramdisk is likely to be available at no cost. Need
to check that ramdisk software has no hidden problems attached to
it. Appropriate Antivirus and rootkit checking software is needed
to check ramdisk software. Website http://www.dataram.com/ is
worth looking at.
Down load secondpassworddata.jn.ezp
to ram drive. This file uses Zip type compression and can be
uncompressed by the program. This file takes up less room than the
three files it compressed. The instructions to uncompress this file
Password Data File after uncompression
File with 2rd Password Data File
File with 2rd Password Data File